Reading at the Poetry Cafe in Frome, February 2018
- I’m a reader, writer, editor, parent, wife, friend, and relation to many (big family).
- I mostly write poetry but I have also written short stories, and plays for radio and the stage. In 2018 my radio play The Songs that Houses Sing and my short story Algebra (both originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4) were repeated on BBC Radio 4 Extra.
- The small press tall-lighthouse published my poetry pamphlet, The Misplaced House, in November, 2014. In 2018, Nine Arches Press will publish a full collection of my poetry.
- I’m Writer in Residence at St Gregory’s Catholic College, Bath. Here is something I wrote about my first week there. You can find other posts I’ve written about being a writer in school by using the search time ‘writer in school’. In addition, I’ve recently started copying all of my ‘writer in school’ posts to my Medium site.
- In 2012 I started a poetry site called And Other Poems. This is now an extensive online poetry anthology featuring many contemporary poets.
- I started a Poetry Society Stanza in Trowbridge in 2016. We meet on the first Saturday of every month at Drawing Projects UK, Trowbridge (in Bridge House, next to the train station).
some of our friendly poetry group
- I was Festival Blogger for Winchester Poetry Festival 2016.
- I was Poet in Residence at Trowbridge Town Hall for three months in 2016. Here is a something I wrote about that.
- I’m happily married to Andrew (a post about how we met here), we’re parents to two young people (one at university, one at FE College) and we live in Wiltshire, UK. Andrew was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2015 and I’ve written about that here, here and here. He is currently cancer-free.
- I blog about: all of the above; my family (a post here about my Dad and this one about my mother); what I’m reading and writing; workshops, courses, and writing events I’ve organised or attended. I try to post at least once a week.
- Thanks for visiting this website/blog.