Poetry from Art workshop with Josephine Corcoran. Write new poems in response to an exhibition of Anita Taylor‘s drawings. Saturday 21 January 2017. 10am – 1pm. Drawing Projects UK, Bridge House, Trowbridge. £15. Limited places. Please book your place – you can book online or in person at Drawing Projects UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for poets of all abilities to generate new poems in response to Anita Taylor’s stunning work. In this writing workshop we will:
- read and discuss a selection of contemporary poems which have been inspired by visual art;
- discuss the subjects of Anita Taylor’s drawings which include stories from Greek mythology, the Old Testament and other subjects;
- consider the means of production of Taylor’s work;
- identify and discuss recurring themes in Taylor’s work, particularly in her large scale charcoal drawings;
- consider different approaches to writing poems in response to visual art.
After initial studio-based discussions, workshop activities and time at the exhibition, you will have the opportunity to work on your poems before gathering together for informal sharing and feedback. I’ll also be available for poetry chat over a light lunch at the Studio Cafe at Drawing Projects. Book online here or in person at Drawing Projects UK.
Please get in touch with any questions either by email to me firstname.lastname@example.org or you can leave a message at the bottom of this page.
This is a thrilling and thought-provoking exhibition in a beautiful space. Bring your pen and notebook and be inspired!
Where is Bridge House?
Drawing Projects UK
Bridge House (which houses Drawing Projects UK) is a landmark building in Trowbridge, the county town of Wiltshire, and is adjacent to Trowbridge railway station with regular train services to the cities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Gloucester, London, Portsmouth, Southampton and nearby Bradford on Avon, Bruton, Frome and Westbury. There is a small car park for permit and disabled parking, and several public car parks nearby.
Where is Trowbridge?
Trowbridge is in west Wiltshire, eight miles south east of Bath, Somerset, on the A361.